Alright folks, you've probably seen my gym check-ins and FB updates regarding me trying to lose weigh. I'm telling you right now that this is a lifestyle change for me and I really do want to look prettier, feel better, and get healthier.
But of course after five in a half weeks, I start realizing/observing things and here's my lowdown on trying to lose weight.
1. DON'T look for an overnight change. To REALLY lose weight and lose weight for good (no yo yo dieting and fasting, etc) you really need to be patient and stop obsessing over the scale. It took you a few months to a year to gain weight, right? Welp, it's going to take few months to a year to really lose weight and see big differences. And not to mention doing it the healthy way.
2. When you are minimizing your calorie intake (portion control too) you become cranky and bitchy. Why? Well because you're denying yourself cupcakes, pizza, burgers, the usual handful of miniature snickers, alcohol, etc so of course you can't help but to feel irritable. What's the secret? Chew gum and drinks LOTS of water. That's really it. And just get up from the kitchen/table/cafeteria immediately and leave.
3. You see pretty girls with great bodies working out really hard and want to strangle them when they say, "Oh, gee I gained 2 pounds this weekend" or " Oh my God I'm so fat!" FUCK YOU. STOP with the self-pity/wanting a compliment. You know you God gave you great genes with a pretty face and great body, STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.
4. You'll always have haters. They are basically jealous of you and love to see you fail. Just ignore them or tell them fuck off. Haters are gonna hate, but you just keep yourself busy with your work outs and eating right.
5. And finally, this is pretty obvious but I guess people still don't get it. You have GOT to eat better/healthier. You really cannot be eating burgers, pizza, Chinese food, mash potatoes, beers, etc 3-4 times a week and work out 6 days a week and wonder why you don't lose weight. If you are truly committed, you really do need to eat healthy/better. It's okay to have a cheat day or meals but it can't overtake your diet. Sure some people were born with fast metabolism or naturally skinny or whatever, but for us fatties you really need to work on the food.
I have seen progress (lost 6 pounds and inches off waist and hips) but I still have a long way to go. I am going to keep focused, keep trying, and just keep doing my thing. I hope in about a year's time I can take a picture in a teeny little bikini and post it up on my blog!