So, November is coming to an end and I haven't lost a single pound. But oddly enough, I'm okay with that. This Thanksgiving weekend I tried on my old pants (size 10 and 8) and they fit. The 10 fits perfectly and size 8 is a bit tight but I think if I lose 5-7 pounds it will fit nicely. My goal is to be a size 6 or 4.
With the holidays in full swing, everything from office parties to dinners out with friends here's what you can try to do so you can enjoy the food and not over do it.
1. When you get up, hit the gym. I know, it's fucking cold/misty and you don't want to go, but go. You will feel a lot better. Even if it's only 30 mins it's really better than nothing and you will feel better, trust me.
2. If you are having a holiday party/get-together at night, try to have a light lunch such as a salad and fruits or something like that. I say this b/c let's face it, when you go to that restaurant you WILL be eating the good stuff; which is out of your control (restaurant's love butter, sauces, and salt) and the only thing you can control is to have a small portion. You don't want to look like a skinny bitch by saying, "oh I don't want this and that" during dinner with your boss and co-workers. So, that's why have the light lunch and eat the dinner. BUT don't get seconds or anything of that sort.
3. DO limit yourself on the alcohol. (I don't drink, only b/c I really can't handle much). That is just "empty" calories you're adding more on. They say one to two drinks is perfect. Keep drinking water to curb yourself.
4. Then go home, remove make up, brush teeth, and go to bed. Don't worry so much what you ate or anything just go to sleep. Everyone should be getting 6-8 hours of sleep.
5. The next day have a light dinner and if you can go to the gym twice (one cardio, one weights) If you can't/don't want to go to they gym twice then go to the mall, ice skating, window shopping, anything out of your house and keep moving. Again, it's better than just sitting on the couch all day.
6. If you and your friends ARE planning stuff, try pot luck dinners (b/c then you have control what's going in) or meet for a late lunch. It is much better for you to have a big breakfast or big lunch rather than a big dinner and then crashing at 10pm. So do try to get together during the day rather than night.
7. And finally this sounds mean but if you are a social butterfly and you're invited to 20 different things, you MUST choose. You cannot go to all of those events and gorge because I'm telling ya you WILL gain weight. Slowly, but you will gain it back. So you need to choose.
8. And the most important thing: enjoy the holidays and the great food. You don't need to be diet Nazi all the time, I mean it IS the holidays right? Just balance it with healthy meals before or after, portion control, continue going to the gym, and keep moving (walking, skiing, jogging, etc).
Have a great holiday!