Sunday, May 29, 2011

The G-Man:Who is he?



Yeah, he's my husband if you haven't guessed. His name is Geoff and probably one of the best things that ever happened to me in my life. I say, that I was this girl just minding my own business and walking down the mean streets of NY when I saw something shiny in the ground, picked it up and wow it's a rare diamond! Slipped it into my pocket and the rest is history. (That means we got married and he's a keeper)

So Geoff is a lot of things: shy, sweet, kind, generous, highly intelligent (St. Marks and RPI!), way too logical, honest, loves video games and tv/movies, and finally a terrific cook and baker! (Yeah, one of the perks with marrying Geoff :)

In fact Geoff over the years have been improving more and more. Sure he's no Eric Ripert or anything, but some of the things he's created is wonderful. Here's a short list:

1. Chicken Parm with Angel Hair-omg this is def. comfort food and my sister's favorite! Crispy, light batter on the inside and hot delicious meat inside.
2. Deep Dish Pizza: Yes my friends he makes it from scratch and it is AWESOME. My friends who's tried can vouch for this
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies: Hell yes!!! This is his one of his favorite desserts and cookies and it is just terrific! The secret is....using Neilsen Massey Vanilla
4. Lasagna: Gorgeous, he uses Jimmy's Italian sausage.
5. Chicken Salad: It's so tasty it's better than La Madeliane's!

Now, that's just a short list but it's probably the top 5. Besides the reason why I'm fat, Geoff's been cooking since college and the fact that he is a PICKY eater. When I mean picky I mean NO: salads, most veggies (esp. raw veggies), anything spicy, and seafood (yes, not even if it's deep fried or the most expensive Toro you can find). In the beginning I thought it was a joke, but later realized it was part of him and I just have to deal with it.

Fast forwarding to 2011. He now eats: Indian food, Korean (he loves our bbq and pork belly!), really likes Japanese cooked food, and even likes boiled spinach and broccoli!

Yes, I'm a very lucky girl to have someone who can cook and LIKES to cook and doesn't think of it as a chore. He in fact even loves all the wonderful and expensive dishware (think Calphalon and All Clad and Le Crueset) and organizes the pantry and fridge. (I have no idea what's in the pantry)

Because of this I like to have pot luck dinners and parties at the apartment to share his wonderful food with my family and friends. Now, what do I do? I merely sit back and watch t.v. Nah, I make up the menu, help prep, and clean. (Someone's gonna have to do the dirty dishes)

No comments:

Post a Comment