Friday, May 27, 2011

Why do we have KIDS?

I woke up this morning and got on my laptop doing the usual browsing and went on dlisted.com (if you love Perez Hilton, you'll love Dlisted) and I came across the segment on who's January Jones' baby daddy is. People are speculating it is the director's seed implanted in her, who just happens to be married.

So this got me thinking, why do women have kids? Sure we have the married couple (or not) that want to have mini-mes and start a family. That's fine, but even that I ask myself "Hmm, are they REALLY wanting a baby? Or is it just "I want a baby" phase?" Did one of their in-laws started pressuring them? Did they look around and notice that their other couple friends have kids and they should jump on the wagon too? OR worse than that....their marriage is falling apart and having a kid will save it. And I'm telling you right now as a woman: HAVING A CHILD WILL NEVER FIX A PROBLEM LIKE THAT, ONLY BE WORSE.

All those combination of reasons are fine I suppose. I know it's really none of my business and they'll damn well have one or two or three or till they get a son! (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Asians and please don't!)

What REALLY disturbs me is people like January Jones. (And that housekeeper from Governator's household) Whether the story is true or not (which usually is true in tabloids) why would a woman have an affair with a married man, find out your pregnant, and then decide to have it? Don't give me your bullshit answer like "I'm Catholic" or "I am pro-life". It's more than that, it's deeper than that. But what is it?

Do you REALLY think you can lure the guy into your life/fall in love with this baby? Is it money? Do you really sit down rubbing your swollen belly and say, "Your daddy is gonna give me $50,000 per month for child support" Is it, "Yes I can be a mom with out a husband and I'm going to prove it to the whole world?"

And finally what do you tell your child in the future? "Hey, mom what happened to my dad?" "Well honey, I had an affair with a married man and decide to keep you anyway b/c I wanted to" Or do they say "It's none of your business"

Now of course it really is none of my business why people have kids or don't have kids, but think twice before you carry him or her past the first trimester b/c this is one thing you can't refund or exchange

Are you my Daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment